7.16.2013

It's the Simple Things

The last 2 weekends we have been able to go camping as a family.  I find myself getting caught up in the packing, list making, menu options and not really enjoying myself.  We get to our destination and I find myself caught up in keeping our camping area picked up, cooking, cleaning and I don't stop and cherish the moments.  Over the 4th of July we went camping and we ended up playing games around the dining room table.  I LOVED IT.  It made all the other stuff worth it.  (Maybe not in the moment, but looking back).  This last weekend we went to Bear Lake and spent a few nights there.  I have a hard time with clutter so I was picking up after everyone and not really relaxing.  The last night we were there Chrislyn cuddled up to me and said "I love camping, Mama."  It made me realize that I am missing things that my kids love.  I stopped what I was doing and was just there, present in the moment and found myself enjoying the quiet time with my family.  Hopefully, I can make it so my kids remember all the fun times and things that we get to do as a family and not that we went places and mom was cranky cause she was cleaning/planning/blah/blah/blah the whole time....

No comments: