9.01.2013

Dare to Stand Alone

We had an amazing lesson in young women's today.  So, amazing that I am actually blogging about it.  Wonders never cease!  We have a "guest" teacher come in one the first Sunday of every month (except the last 3 months, cause I wasn't on the ball) to teach the girls.  Today's guest teacher did so awesome.  The lesson was titled: How can I be in the world but not of the world?  (Link provided).  This dear Sister did such an amazing job of getting that point across.  We in this world, we were born here, it's where we live.  Can't do much about that.  But how do we keep from being OF THE WORLD?  She told us about chocolate chips, they are in a cookie, but they still remain separate. When you mix a cookie, all the ingredients become one. You can't pick out the flour, eggs, sugar or butter. Then you add the chips....they are in the cookie, but you can still pick them out from the rest of the ingredients. So we need to be like the chip. We need to stand apart from what the world says is important and remember what we KNOW is important. The hand out was awesome....COOKIES!! So just remember...Don't try to fit in, you were born to stand out. Be the CHIP!  We also watched a video about Thomas S Monson.  I LOVED IT.  Such a good story and an awesome message. 

1 comment:

Jeanne Evans said...

Well you don't know me, but I have decided to cut out facebook. (since I was becoming addicted to it way to much) So I've been blogging again and I was just on my sisters facebook when I saw your blog link. I noticed it mainly due to the title: 'Dare to Stand Alone.' Because I really liked that talk from Conference and even remember talking about it in Institute shortly after that Conference. I like the chip analogy too. :)